Acoustic Tunnel Monitoring
The tunnel of the future has ears: AKUT recognizes events faster – even 2 minutes faster than current technology.
The tunnel never stops listening and reacts immediately: Events are detected and localised within 0.7 seconds. The Operator can decide whether to activate the tunnel traffic lights and other emergency measures.
- Event recognition in less than 1 second.
- Automatic activation of the relevant camera
- The tunnel stop lights can be immediately activated.
- Even with poor visibility due to smoke the operator
can hear people in the tunnel – and is able to locate
- The operator is able to direct tunnel occupants to
safe areas even if the cameras are blind.
- In comparison to other safety systems,several minutes
worth of traffic flow are prevented from entering the
- Fewer tunnel occupants require evacuation.
- Emergency services can be guided around dangerous
areas to rescue people via safe escape routes.